Wednesday, April 26, 2017

4/13/2017

Select one piece of writing from the MGP and complete 3 steps:
1. Tell how you got this piece.
2. Tell what this piece demonstrates about your ability to write and what it says about you as a writer.
3. If you can, write about your observations of yourself as a writer.


1. I created this piece based on Janie's grandmother in Their Eyes Were Watching God. She is intent on finding a husband for Janie, so much so that I thought creating a "want ad" for a husband would be a good way of demonstrating her grandmother's intense desire to marry her off. I didn't want to lose sight of the grandmother's good intentions, but I wanted to dramatize this "duty" of older women to find husbands for the younger ones. 
2. I'm not sure if this piece demonstrates "good writing" per-say, but it does indicate an ability ( I guess? ) to mimic the writing styles of things like want ads, obituaries and other unique pieces of literature.
3. If anything, I think I notice my writing can easily adopt a tone based on the needs of the piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment